7 February 2019
February 6th, 2018 General Body Meeting Minutes
by Liam Fruzyna
Meeting in Engineering Hall 236
Purpose: General body information meeting.
St. Agnes of Bohemia
- DIY Arduino event in Chicago.
- Proposed for March 8th from 1 to 6pm.
- Will send out a new survey regarding alternative Fridays.
Changing the Equation
- Help get admitted women introduced to engineering.
- February 24th from 10am to 12:15pm.
Girls Who Code
- Short lecture on our DIY Arduino project for GWC.
- February 16th from 6 to 7pm.
Meet Dr. Pintar
- Come meet the new chair of the BME department at Marquette/MCW.
- February 19th at 7pm in E-Hall 221.
- Details are likely to change, stay tuned via email.
Industry Relations Survey
- Please take the IR survey on upcoming industry events.
Career Fair Prep
- Joe from the Commons will be coming to our meeting in 2 weeks, the day before career fair.
- He will be talking about giving the best 30 second elevator pitch and other networking advice.
- BMES will be creating teams for Elympics events.
- Events will take place the evening of Friday February 22.
- Scavenger Hunt
- Hunt for the golden calculator in the engineering buildings.
- E-Hall 236 from 5 to 7 pm.
- Test your knowledge in non-engineering topics.
- E-Hall 136 from 5 to 7pm.
BMES Design Challenge Ideas
categories: general_body - meeting
- Generate ideas for our high school design challenge
- Multiple Mini-Challenges
- Reverse engineering
- Reverse disarm bomb
- Unusual but effective alarm clock
- Rube-Goldberg Machine
- Improve a common appliance
- Paper airplane challenges
- Build a catapult (accuracy vs precision)
- Earthquake testing (tallest rigid structure)
- Egg catch
- Move something to the top of e-hall
- Assisted eating device