17 January 2019
January 16th, 2018 General Body Meeting Minutes
by Liam Fruzyna
Meeting in Engineering Hall 236
Purpose: Reconvine for the spring semester and elect our new executive board.
- This is a one-day leadership development program in Engineering Hall on Saturday, January 26th from 9:30am to 4pm. There is one spot left for our organization, email Hasan if interested.
- There are open spots for the VPs of Service (1) and Education (2).
- VP of Service
- Willencia Louis-Charles
- Barbara Sammut - wins
- VP of Education (2)
- Willencia Louis-Charles - wins
- Makayla Jones - wins
- Alec Huynh
Upcoming Spring Events
- Several exciting events are in planning for this semester, stay tuned for details.
This is YOUR organization
- This will be the final semester for many of the revitalization members of the organization. Don’t forget that this is your organization and you have many opportunities to help it grow for yourself and everyone else.
- In order to further distribute the heavy workload of service and education we are forming a committee to let other non-eboard members of the organization take up a bigger role, to help plan, organize, and execute outreach events.
- There are 5 committee members who will be chosen by application next week.
- Technical Special - Will learn our technical systems we build for outreach events so they can become the go-to person for technical jobs and emergencies.
- Lab Manager - Tracks and manages all the supplies for outreach events. Will work with the treasurer to purchase supplies.
- Talent Acquisition Specialist - Outreach can always use more volunteers. It is this person’s job to help recruit, sign up, and manage new volunteers
- Communication Specialist - Manages all internal communication for outreach events to make sure everyone is in the know.
- Risk Management Specialist - Works with the Office of Student Development to follow the university’s guidelines and the schools we are working with.
- For more details read this and don’t forget to apply here.
- The deadline to apply is Monday, January 21st.
- Hasan apologizes with the delay on t-shirts, there have been issues working with industry sponsors.
- Please email Hasan if you are interested in submitting a design.
- You must have paid your dues to get a shirt.
categories: general_body - meeting
- If you were on co-op or abroad last semester you only have to pay $15 for dues. Otherwise, dues are $20.
- Dues are required for special events like Industry Night as well as getting your t-shirt.
- Dues can be paid to @bmesmarquette on Venmo.
tags: spring - research