26 February 2019
February 25th, 2019 E-Board Meeting Minutes
by Liam Fruzyna
Participants: Liam Fruzyna, Hasan Barakat, David Fraley, Barbara Sammut, Makayla Jones, Willencia Louis-Charles, George Ronan, Jason Rutten
Meeting in Olin 204
Purpose: General executive tasks.
Weekly e-board meetings are Mondays at 8:30pm in Olin 204, all are welcome.
- This Wednesday at 6:30 Plexus will be visiting and supplying Ian’s Pizza.
- Idea to host a night explaining the differences between BME disciplines.
- Jobs/research opportunities
- Meaningful classes
- Lots of overlap
- Class distribution
- Potential advisors
- Survey to upperclassment
- Would you switch?
- Will plan to do this the week after spring break.
- Panels from 10 am to 3:30 pm on Tuesday March 5th.
- General STEM discussion, demystifying college.
- Will have a specific outreach email on Wednesday.
- DIY Event shortly after spring break.
- Their best date is March 21st at 3:30 pm.
- Will aim to have a prep event Monday, March 18th.
- Every volunteer will need training and a background check.
- They have a healthy budget.
- Interested and available in Hackathon
- Shirts will be a dark gray, dry-fit shirt.
categories: eboard - meeting
- We will be creating a BMES Instagram account.