5 February 2019
February 4th, 2019 E-Board Meeting Minutes
by Liam Fruzyna
Participants: Liam Fruzyna, Hasan Barakat, David Fraley, Barbara Sammut, Makayla Jones, Willencia Louis-Charles, George Ronan, Jason Rutten
Meeting in Olin 204
Purpose: Prepare for Wednesday’s general body meeting.
Weekly e-board meetings will be Mondays at 8:30pm in Olin 204, all are welcome.
Industry Relations Survey
- 11 responses so far, a little underwhelming.
- Will bring up in Wednesday’s meeting.
- Our constitution is very old and out of date, new positions are not there.
- Goal is have a new constitution drafted by the end of the semester so it can be approved.
Open Sourcing BMES
National Marquette Day Reception
- Semi-fancy lunch before the game as a fund-raising event.
- We are invited to show off our program to alumni.
Girls Who Code
- Opportunity to do a 15-25 minute presentation on a piece of code for the group.
- Put on by Engineering Student Council Tuesday Feb 19 6 to 7pm.
E-Week Game Night
- Friday of E-Week (February 22nd) from 7:30 to 10pm.
- Few people showed up last year.
- Will poll the general body Wednesday to see if it is worth it.
Not organization driven, but discipline driven.
Will poll the general body on Wednesday if we want to create a BMES team (up to 8 people per team per event).
- Hasan is in contact with his t-shirt guy, we will be using last year’s design.
- Will poll the general body on Wednesday on details (type, color, material, etc).
Changing the Equation Event
- Sunday February 24th, admitted (women) students to introduce them to engineering.
- We are running 2 50 minute break out sessions of 20-30 women.
- Outreach meeting needs to be planned between now and then.
St. Agnes Outreach
- The current date and time isn’t working for very many people.
- Will poll the organization to try to find a better date and time.
- Will be E-Hall 221 February 19th at 7pm, may move to basement.
- Homemade ice cream, cookies, and hot chocolate will be served.
- David will announce at meeting on Wednesday.
- Changing the Equation (Barbara will write-up)
- St. Agnes survey
- This weeks meeting (poll shirts)
- Industry events survey
- Dr. Pintar event (David will write-up)
- Lots of polls and event announcements.
categories: eboard - meeting
- Career fair is that week, base it around career fair prep.
- Will try to get Joe or Alex to talk to the organization and also an activity like elevator pitches.