28 January 2019
January 28th, 2019 E-Board Meeting Minutes
by Liam Fruzyna
Participants: Liam Fruzyna, Hasan Barakat, David Fraley, Efrain Torres, Barbara Sammut, Makayla Jones, Willencia Louis-Charles, George Ronan, Jason Rutten
Meeting via Skype
Purpose: Roll into the new semester.
Weekly e-board meetings will be Monday at 8:30pm, all are welcome. An agenda will be sent to the e-board 24-48 hours beforehand for members to add items to discuss.
- 5 people applied and there are 5 spots available so all the spots are filled.
- Positions will be announced via email sent by Barbara and a meeting will be organized for this upcoming weekend.
Dr. Pintar Introduction Event
- Planning on this being a joint AEMB event to get to know Dr. Pintar.
- AEMB is planning an ice cream and cookies event on 2/19 or 2/21, likely the 19th at 7pm.
- Will feature a short introduction by him then a social period.
- Makayla will help David and AEMB prepare for the event.
- EMG car effort with Plexus as an evolution of the Arduino outreach events.
- Dr. Buchara has done most of the development for the project on his own.
- Outreach and the new committee will meet to begin progress.
- Efrain will send out link to the project files.
- Next steps are to build one system and have a meeting.
Rockwell Automation Visit
- David is scheduling a visit from Rockwell engineers to BMES as well as a BMES tour of Rockwell’s campus.
- David is also scheduling a visit from Plexus engineers to BMES.
- A visit to Plexus in Neenah (this semester) will be explored but will be logistically hard.
- David will explore having GE Engineers visit campus again.
St. Agnes Events
- 9 responses but the time does not work for 5 of them, Hasan will reach out to see if there is a better time.
This Wednesday’s Meeting
- Meeting will be canceled due to the projected dangerously cold weather.
- Planning on rescheduling to next week.
- Will be announced on the newsletter email tonight.
- No submitions yet, will use last year’s shirt if we don’t have any by next week.
- Will poll for interest in long or short sleeve shirts.
categories: eboard - meeting
- If everyone has accepted their committee positions they will be announced.
- Plug for St. Agnes event.
- Massive industry relations survey from David.
- Meeting cancellation announcement.
- Reminder about t-shirt designs.
- Stay warm.