28 November 2018
November 28th, 2018 E-Board Meeting Minutes
by Liam Fruzyna
Participants: Liam Fruzyna, Hasan Barakat, Nicole deGuzman, David Fraley, Natalie Waltz, Megan Socha, Efrain Torres, Zoe Relias
Meeting in person
Purpose: Reconvene after a month break in full meetings
Second to Last E-Board Meeting
- Hasan - Next week we will meet again to discuss the semester as a whole on what went well and didn’t go well.
End of Semester Party
- David - AEMB has held a small party every year with leftover funds, BMES is welcome to join.
- George - Was thinking about this for the end of the year, as something more casual than industry night, and to see seniors out.
- Efrain, Hasan - Somewhat undermines industry night.
- Hasan - This could be used to introduce Dr. Pintar.
- Consensus - Do this next semester, this semester is too busy.
- Hasan - Do it at the beginning of the semester.
- David - Will reach out to him.
Preparation for the Next E-Board
- Natalie and Megan - Will meet in the next week to figure out a committee with different positions, each with its own responsibilities, but there will be overlap as backup. As well as restructuring the positions.
- Hasan - Should they be changed to co-vps of outreach?
- Natalie, Megan - They more are less that, but logistically it is easier to have someone dedicated to each side.
- David - Roles still need to be added to the constitution.
- Hasan - Constitution was lost with migration from Collegiate Link.
- George - Will write out a template of a new constitution.
- Efrain - May have the old one in email somewhere.
- Hasan - Elections will be held when we get back from break. When should submissions be due?
- Megan - No one will read them over break.
- Nicole - Having time to work on it over break is nice.
- Hasan - Do we want to host an info-session about e-board positions next week?
- Hasan - Should all positions be up for reelection?
- Consensus - All positions will be available, with 3 not having incumbents.
- Hasan - Who should we invite to talk?
- Natalie - More meaningful if it is people that would be recognized from inside the organization.
- Consensus - Non-e-board members are preferred.
- List is compiled.
Julie Murphy - Changing the Equation
Hasan - We never got around to shirts, industry sponsors have been off this year. We need to push sponsors.
David - Will set up lunch with Rockwell.
Virtual Meeting Attendance
categories: eboard - meeting
Natalie - Skype into meetings for co-ops and prospective students.
Hasan - We could poll co-ops for next semester, may limit physical attendance. May want to limit just to co-ops.