7 November 2018
November 7th, 2018 E-Board Meeting Minutes
by Liam Fruzyna
Participants: Liam Fruzyna, Hasan Barakat, Nicole deGuzman, David Fraley
Meeting in person
Purpose: Discuss results of general body survey
- Hasan - At this point we are just planning so we can start running next semester.
- Nicole - Lock down and talk to our leaders soon and give them what we have so far. Then build our plan of execution.
Bootcamp Next Semester
- Hasan - Vice-presidents are leaving and turn out hasn’t been great. We may need to take some time to figure things out again. Need to have a conversation with the leaders to address that.
- Nicole - There definitely needs to be more DIY ECG events if we don’t do bootcamp.
- Hasan - There also needs to be a bigger focus on getting underclassmen volunteering.
- Liam - There were a lot of requests for more night and weekend events.
- Hasan - That doesn’t work well for our school but would work for events in more middle class areas.
- Liam - There is a desire for a design challenge, but more relaxed, just to stretch their technical skills, not a real hackathon.
- Hasan - One purpose of tonight is what people want for the design challenge.
High School Hackathon
- David - Are we doing it again?
- Consensus - Yes
- Nicole - We should pick leads soon, David can oversee it. 707 in the morning, then e-hall in the afternoon. Then we can work on refinements we learned from last year.
- Hasan - There was desire for more industry talks, which Plexus just expressed interest in.
- Liam - As well as co-op and research talks like last semester.
- Hasan - Combining them could be cool to show all opportunities at once but there may not be enough time for that.
- Nicole - Back to back weeks might be more effective.
- Hasan - Talk about having a successful co-op and moving on afterwards.
- David - Why don’t we host a session going over this and merge in some ESC organizations. Early spring focused on those coming off of fall co-ops. Should be short, sweet, and too the point, it needs to be a reminder.
- Nicole - A drop in resume review or Q&A could be effective.
- Hasan - Is going to be within a month, it needs to be planned.
- Liam - Talks should be pushed to next semester, there isn’t enough time.
- Nicole - Plus the research night is on the 28th.
- Liam - We should send out feeler emails before Thanksgiving so they have break to think about it and then after a week request nominations.
- David - Consider working on the apprenticeships to e-board positions.
End of Semester Focus
- Research night, wrap up bootcamp, project phoenix leadership, elections
categories: eboard - meeting
- Kick off project phoenix, diy events, design challenge, (high school) hackathon, co-op and research nights, post-co-op/resume event