3 October 2018
October 3rd, 2018 E-Board Meeting Minutes
by Liam Fruzyna
Participants: Liam Fruzyna, Hasan Barakat, Megan Socha, Natalie Waltz, David Fraley, Efrain Torres, Nicole deGuzman
Meeting in person
Purpose: General e-board meeting to catch up on everyone’s progress
- Hasan - Some people apparently think they were removed from the mailing list because they didn’t pay dues last year. Should we email the people from other events?
- Natalie - Should we add put a message in the weekly engineering newsletter?
- Hasan - Will do both.
- David - We could tie this into the Engineering Student Council and do a petition of sorts.
- Hasan - We will talk about that at the ESC meeting this week, see if other organization have interest.
- Hasan - Let Hasan know about items to be added to the calendar. ESC wants us to update their calendar as well to help avoid double bookings.
- David - We can each individually update the ESC calendar for our own events
Engineering Student Council Meetings
- Hasan - We need to figure out who will represent us in these meetings.
- Efrain - Conflicts with outreach.
- Megan - Can go to most of them anyways.
- Hasan - Can attend those that Megan has conflicts with.
Tonight - Northwestern Session
- David - Will let her know about details for getting there
- Hasan - We should also confirm details for Qdoba
- Hasan, David, and Nicole - Will pick up food
- Hasan - Had Dr. Goldberg email all the senior design teams. Do we want to do any announcements?
- David - GE survey info, 12-3 works the best (on Friday the 26).
- David - Apparently we are getting food delivered, will email about tip.
- Hasan - Same day emails aren’t effective for last minute information. 60% has been about the max open rate and it generally takes 24 hours to get there. We have been rotating between Monday and Friday newsletters which should we stick with?
- Consensus - Monday
- David - We cannot rent a van, either we need to get ourselves there, GE probably won’t provide transportation.
- Nicole, Natalie David - Can drive 16 (including themselves)
- Hasan - Can get a Zip Car if needed
- David - Locking down GE interest
- Hasan - Send another email and give 24 hours, then next week get confirmation from everyone. We can make a waiting list, but we need to emphasize a strict policy
Eboard Meeting Availability
- Hasan - We need to reschedule, this time doesn’t work during the bootcamp season. Idea, half-hour stand-up meeting to speed things up.
- Consensus - Nothing works for everyone, keep the same time and just loose some members for the bootcamp season, try to communicate better outside of meeting to get simple information out
Prince of Peace
- Efrain - Talked to them Monday, we could definitely do any kind of event with them. Haven’t heard anything with St. Augustine yet.
- Hasan - Will email Federle about better St. Augustine contact info.
- Hasan - Efrain will be talking about our Outreach involvement, Hasan is considering talking about our industry connection.
- Hasan - Got parts in, need to start designing the program. Should we pursue our existing interest for leaders or cast another net?
- Consensus - Pursue existing interest.
- Hasan - First deliverable is making a proposal for Plexus.
categories: eboard - meeting
- Hasan - 7 unique groups happened, some will drop out but we need to gauge interest. When should we plan the presentations?
- Efrain - Split it up over 2 general meetings to get more people to show up. One hour and a half meeting is too boring.
- Consensus - There isn’t enough time to do 2 meetings, we will do it November 28th.
- Hasan - Will confirm date with George. Professors want write-ups as well.