26 September 2018
September 26th, 2018 E-Board Meeting Minutes
by Liam Fruzyna
Participants: Liam Fruzyna, Hasan Barakat, Megan Socha, Natalie Waltz, David Fraley, Efrain Torres, Nicole deGuzman, George Ronan
Meeting in person
Purpose: General e-board meeting to catch up on everyone’s progress
Keeping Excitement Going
- Hasan - Turn out was great for second meeting, how do we keep it going?
- Ice cream social is tonight, that will help
- Hasan - Underclassmen do look up to us, please try to be open and helpful. Will help keep them stay and get more feedback. Especially tonight at social. We should also mention that anyone can show up to eboard meetings. Lots of turn over in January, we want involved candidates for the future.
Panels for Research and Co-ops
- George - Should we start planning these soon? Feedback was it should be earlier
- Hasan - Have to be careful about stacking informational events on top of each other like last semester. We will plan these things soon.
- Efrain - Is there a master schedule?
- Hasan - Not yet, but that needs to happen
- Efrain - Reached out to several people about service opportunities. Prince of Peace is very eager, especially for our programs, we are interested in service opportunities.
- George - Olson will give extra credit to sophomore as long as they are doing something relevant to their class. Will email groups tonight, still needs AI group emails. Will send news about Olson extra credit and resources for research and review articles. Most universities have librarian(s) dedicated to engineering, reach out to ours to give short presentations to the groups about engineering and research.
- Hasan - We could also meet with them and consolidate the information for the general body
- Efrain - We could also have a higher year graduate student come to talk to them
- David - Go meet with the librarians to make a “cheat sheet”, then have a graduate student talk about how their experience
- Hasan - When should we push the groups to meet next?
- George - Also with the email may send a poll to decide when group meetings should happen. We want a set time so that we can stop by and check in.
Northwestern Graduate School Event
- David - Must choose food option, we have to pick it up
- Consensus - Qdoba
- David - We have to schedule this as an event if we are advertising it, must be done a week in advance
- Hasan - Will look into it
- Efrain - Would bootcamp and DIY events need to be scheduled?
- David - No, really just anything we publicly advertise. I have an advertisement how should it be sent out.
- Hasan - Send it to Nicole and Hasan to put out, will send David a template for the Engineering displays
GE Healthcare Visit
- David - Who is being allowed to go?
- Hasan - Probably first due paying members, then anyone else if there is left over spots
- David - We still need to figure out a time (October 26th)
- Hasan - Should get some feedback from our members, probably during working hours
- David - Poll for 9:30 to 12:30 and 12 to 3, send out poll tonight, let them know by Friday
- Hasan - Will handle poll
- David - Transportation?
- Hasan - We would only need a few people to have cars, plus University vans are an option
- David - How many people?
- Efrain - May need to cap because GE is a big name?
- Hasan - Cap it at due paying members may be a good enough option
- David - How do we get a van?
- George - Will get the information
- David - Food?
- Hasan - We don’t want to make empty promises
- David - Any cool things to try to check out there?
A few people we know have worked there before, talk to them
David - Will have email sent with plan by Monday
- Hasan - Will submit the form to schedule event with OSD
- Hasan - Should we continue (trying) to use planner?
- Consensus - No
Working as a Team
- Hasan - Let’s plan to discuss working together at the next e-board meeting in 2 weeks
Colin Wants to Plug his Master’s Program (Hopkins)
categories: eboard - meeting
- Efrain - Show to our seniors, send to Dr. Goldberg for senior design