19 September 2018
September 19th, 2018 E-Board Meeting Minutes
by Liam Fruzyna
Participants: Liam Fruzyna, Hasan Barakat, Megan Socha, Natalie Waltz, David Fraley, Efrain Torres
Meeting in person
Purpose: General e-board meeting to catch up on everyone’s progress
Career Fair Pro-Tips
- Hasan - Made list of tips for career fair and companies that will be applicable there
- David - Just covers what Lindemann’s class covers, nothing that “pro”
- Natalie - May be useful to a few people might as well send it out
November 3rd, Northwestern will be coming at 7pm
- David - Mexican of Ian’s will be brought, adding to list of contacts on Sharepoint is appreciated
- Hasan - We should announce this and GE visit tonight
Ice Cream Social
- Megan - Best date is next Thursday
- Natalie - That is career fair
- Hasan - Wednesday?
- Megan - We want this to be casual, afterwards is homecoming them midterms, we shouldn’t keep delaying
- Hasan - We already have stuff booked for Wednesday but we can spread it out
- Date set to the 26th
- Hasan - Will pitch tonight, Hasan and Nicole already bought some parts for prototyping, need to be careful about cost, still looking for leaders
- Natalie - Will casually present as opportunity at bootcamp meeting
- Hasan - Should we launch the design challenge tonight?
- Consensus - Yes
- Hasan - Should we have a prize?
- Consensus - No, unless there is not enough interest
- Hasan - There are rules we need to be careful about, we haven’t had an issue before. Do we say don’t put “Marquette University”?
- David - We are an example, we shouldn’t break the rules
- Consensus - No Marquette, they can use our emblem
Habitat Build Day (General Volunteering)
- Megan - We want to have less focused volunteer opportunities, pulling away from BioMed, options are Habitat, Hunger Task Force (very booked), other ideas?
- Hasan - A hospital of some kind? May be lots of paper work
- David - Only medical option is blood drives, but there are a bunch of those this semester
- Natalie - Marquette Makes a Difference Day?
- Megan - Can’t do it as a group unfortunately
- Efrain - Knows a person with a large list of projects, education focused
- David - AEMB is trying to do a toy drive, BMES could help, as well as an induction event
- Hasan - Let’s compile a list and filter them and come back
- Natalie - Had a call with the doctor may do it at her school (HAPA) from October 24 to November 19, general bootcamp meeting will figure out timing, must be done between 3 and 6 pm
- Hasan - How will we get there?
- Megan - Natalie has a car, she and Nicole are certified to drive the vans
- Natalie - We will also have a classroom with storage
- Efrain - Talked with middle school teacher at St. Augustine, very STEM focused there, they have a lot of their own resources, maybe not offer programs there but help develop and contribute to their programs, just waiting on a date to talk to her more
- Hasan - Good opportunity to bring in more than engineers (nurses)
- Efrain - General need for college exposure
- David - Tau Beta Pi already works with them doing tutoring, may be useful to plan something with them
- Hasan - May be a good first outreach experience to get new members introduced, would be easy to plan an Arduino EKG program
- Natalie - We definitely need to get something on the calendar
- David - Are we participating in this (new) event?
- Natalie - For upperclassmen sharing their experiences with the underclassmen
- Liam - Best way to communicate with general body and allow them to participate in discussion is a Facebook Group
- David - Sharepoint has similar features
- Many - Most people aren’t familiar
- Hasan - Will poll people tonight (Facebook vs Sharepoint)
- Liam - Will investigate Sharepoint
More Stuff on Minutes Site
- Liam - Should I put more stuff that isn’t explictly minutes on the page?
- Consensus - Why not, especially for break out meetings
- Liam - Would be useful for showing what we have done, as well as, spreading the reach of programs outside of Marquette
- Consensus - Good idea, should be looked into, fits the bootcamp mission
- Liam - Will work on creating an organization
categories: eboard - meeting
- Natalie - Should we look into a bigger classroom?
- Hasan - First meeting is always the biggest, should look into it if it becomes an issue